Corona and physiotherapy
At Fysiotherapie Douma we closely follow the developments surrounding the COVID-19 virus.
Read our latest update below.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update May 8, 2020
Douma physiotherapy is open again
It has been decided by the government and the professional physiotherapy associations that physiotherapy can be resumed safely and responsibly according to a specific step-by-step plan.
Our practice fully meets the new conditions.
For physical treatment in practice or at your home, we use the 1.5 meter rule as much as possible.
If this is not possible, we will wear protective equipment if necessary.
What do we expect from you:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds upon entry and before leaving
- This can be done in the waiting room and in the treatment rooms.
- Bring two towels for the treatment bench
- Use the toilet only when absolutely necessary
- Cough and sneeze in the inside of your elbow
- Use tissue paper to blow your nose and throw it away immediately. After that wash your hands
- Do not shake hands
- Keep 5 ft. distance (2 arm lengths)
- Avoid contact between your hands and your face
- Come to your appointment alone. Exceptions are made for children or adults with language difficulties
- Please do arrive exactly on time (maximum 5 minutes before the appointment)
- Free training in the exercise room without an appointment is currently not possible
- Do not come to the practice if you or one of your housemates have symptoms that fit COVID-19, consult us by phone first!
Symptoms that (possibly) fit COVID-19
- Nasal cold, coughing or sneezing
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Slight temperature(up to 38 degrees Celcius) or fever
- Difficulty breathing / shortness of breath
- Eye inflammation
- Feeling sick and/or diarrhea
- Hay fever complaints
- If you or a housemate has been diagnosed with corona in the past 14 days
Measures we take:
- We keep at least 5 ft. distance from each other outside the treatment rooms
- We do not shake hands
- We wash our hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after the treatment
- All our employees are healthy and only work if they have no COVID-19 related complaints
- We clean the treatment bench after the treatment
- We clean all surfaces that are touched daily.
- Think of door handles, desks, treatment benches, taps, toilets and equipment in our practice room
- We do not use bench covers
- Our employees change location as little as possible to prevent possible contamination
- Our employees start the treatments at different times, so that fewer people walk through the building at the same time.
- A maximum of 3 patients and 3 physiotherapists may be present in the large exercise room
- Exercise machines are 5ft apart
- Walking directions are indicated in the building.
- We do research and treatment in silence as much as possible (this reduces the chance of COVID-19 spreading)
- There is sufficient disinfectant and hand soap available.
For more information or making an appointment, call 035-6216812